World Cup Final 1998 - France v Brazil
The 1998 World Cup Final in Paris will be remembered for two things the brilliance of Zidane and what ever happened to Ronaldo before the game. There is only one person who knows exactly what happened to Ronaldo in the hours before the 1998 World Cup final and that is Ronaldo himself.
The Brazilian goal scoring ace was part of one of the most bizarre mysteries in World Cup history when his name was left off the starting eleven, only to reappear just in time for kick-off. Ronaldo was off colour for the whole game and the Brazil team just did not turn up for this match and Zinedine Zidane took full advantage in a one-sided match which saw France crowned world champions for the first time.
The game itself did not live up to its dramatic prelude, Zidane rising twice above the Brazilian defence to give France a 2-0 lead before half-time.
Brazil tried in vain to stage a recovery after Marcel Desailly was sent off for France on 68 minutes, and Emmanuel Petit's last-minute goal sparked wild celebrations on the Champs Elysees. It was initially reported that Ronaldo had been struggling with an ankle injury, then that he had an upset stomach.
- Back Atletico Madrid to hold their nerve and dump out AC Milan
- Arsenal a long shot to produce miracle comeback against Bayern Munich
- Sheffield United v Charlton Odds Jose Baxter Can See Blades Into FA Cup Semi Final
- Man City are odds on for FA Cup revenge against Wigan at The Etihad
- Hull v Sunderland Odds Black Cats can secure another Wembley appearance
- Chelsea can soar clear with a win at home to rivals Tottenham
- Matches At Barnsley and Oldham Included In This Weeks Both Teams To Score Acca
- Norwich v Stoke Odds Hughton under pressure ahead of huge game at Carrow Road