World Cup 2018 Golden Odds
The prestigious and competitive Golden Boot trophy is awarded to the tournament's top goalscorer, meaning it will be one of the most popular and active World Cup football betting markets on offer in 2018.
Colombia superstar James Rodriguez won the Golden Boot at the 2014 World Cup despite only playing five games. The Monaco man blasted home six goals, including an absolute stunner against Uruguay in the last-16, as he finished one clear of the 2010 winner Thomas Muller.
Previous World Cup Golden Boot Winners
In South Africa there was a surprise winner in Thomas Mueller of Germany who grabbed five goals. Fellow countrymen Miroslav Klose was victorious four years earlier, while Ronaldo grabbed eight goals en route to helping Brazil win in 2006. Davor Suker scored six at France 1998, where as Oleg Salenkov (Russia) and Hristo Stoichkov (Bulgaria) shared the gong in 1994 with six goals apiece.
Last Five Winners
- 2014 - James Rodriguez (Colombia)
- 2010 - Thomas Muller (Germany)
- 2006 - Miroslav Klose (Germany)
- 2002 - Ronaldo (Brazil)
- 1998 - Davor Suker (Croatia)
- Unbeaten Chelsea are marginal favourites for Premier League clash with Man Utd at Old Trafford
- Monchengladbach v Bayern Munich Odds Bundesligas form teams clash at Borussia Park
- Burnley v Everton Odds Lukaku heads the first scorer betting at Turf Moor
- Celta Vigo v Levante Odds Celts backed to return to winning ways
- Sampdoria v Roma Odds Iturbe Can Score Against the Blucerchiati
- Bayer Leverkusen v Schalke Odds Huntelaar tipped to score at the BayArena
- Swansea v Leicester Betting Wilfried Bony is favourite to open the scoring
- Back both Fulham and Charlton to score in Fridays London Derby