World Cup 2018 Golden Odds
The prestigious and competitive Golden Boot trophy is awarded to the tournament's top goalscorer, meaning it will be one of the most popular and active World Cup football betting markets on offer in 2018.
Colombia superstar James Rodriguez won the Golden Boot at the 2014 World Cup despite only playing five games. The Monaco man blasted home six goals, including an absolute stunner against Uruguay in the last-16, as he finished one clear of the 2010 winner Thomas Muller.
Previous World Cup Golden Boot Winners
In South Africa there was a surprise winner in Thomas Mueller of Germany who grabbed five goals. Fellow countrymen Miroslav Klose was victorious four years earlier, while Ronaldo grabbed eight goals en route to helping Brazil win in 2006. Davor Suker scored six at France 1998, where as Oleg Salenkov (Russia) and Hristo Stoichkov (Bulgaria) shared the gong in 1994 with six goals apiece.
Last Five Winners
- 2014 - James Rodriguez (Colombia)
- 2010 - Thomas Muller (Germany)
- 2006 - Miroslav Klose (Germany)
- 2002 - Ronaldo (Brazil)
- 1998 - Davor Suker (Croatia)
- Schalke can get Bundesliga best bets treble off to a flying start on Friday night
- Bournemouth v Brighton Odds Pugh Looks A Good Bet To Continue Scoring Form
- Parma v Inter Milan Odds Pressure is beginning to mount on Robert Donadoni at the Ennio Tardini
- Barcelona v Celta Vigo Odds Back Luis Suarez to make an instant impact on his home debut
- Atletico Madrid v Cordoba Odds Home side tipped to pick up a fourth win on the bounce
- Serie A Best Bets Treble Features Napoli and Lazio Wins
- Newcastle bid to maintain fine run of form by upsetting the odds against Liverpool
- Wolves v Birmingham Odds Blues search for a change of fortunes under Gary Rowett