World Cup 2018 Golden Odds
The prestigious and competitive Golden Boot trophy is awarded to the tournament's top goalscorer, meaning it will be one of the most popular and active World Cup football betting markets on offer in 2018.
Colombia superstar James Rodriguez won the Golden Boot at the 2014 World Cup despite only playing five games. The Monaco man blasted home six goals, including an absolute stunner against Uruguay in the last-16, as he finished one clear of the 2010 winner Thomas Muller.
Previous World Cup Golden Boot Winners
In South Africa there was a surprise winner in Thomas Mueller of Germany who grabbed five goals. Fellow countrymen Miroslav Klose was victorious four years earlier, while Ronaldo grabbed eight goals en route to helping Brazil win in 2006. Davor Suker scored six at France 1998, where as Oleg Salenkov (Russia) and Hristo Stoichkov (Bulgaria) shared the gong in 1994 with six goals apiece.
Last Five Winners
- 2014 - James Rodriguez (Colombia)
- 2010 - Thomas Muller (Germany)
- 2006 - Miroslav Klose (Germany)
- 2002 - Ronaldo (Brazil)
- 1998 - Davor Suker (Croatia)
- Diego Costa heads the first scorer betting market for Chelsea v Liverpool clash
- Arsenal installed as FA Cup favourites after Chelsea and Man City tumble
- Empoli v Udinese Odds The draw could prove to be the best bet at Stadio Carlo Castellani
- Rochdale v Stoke Odds Potters bid to avoid a famous upset at Spotland
- Brighton v Arsenal Odds Back Giroud to score for FA Cup holders
- Fiorentina v Roma Odds The draw looks the best bet for Serie A clash at the Artemio Franchi
- Bristol City v West Ham Odds Robins to upset Hammers in FA Cup thriller
- Valencia v Sevilla Odds Los Che can add to visitors recent woes in big games