Uruguay World Cup Betting
Uruguay have a great history in the World Cup and, after reaching the semi-finals of South Africa 2010 and winning the 2011 Copa America, they will be looking to strike gold in South America in 2014. Uruguay were the first ever hosts of the World Cup and also hold the honour of being the very first winners of the tournament, which they won again for a second time in the 1950 World Cup Final.
Their success in the 1930 World Cup was a fantastic occasion for those that were there to experience it the atmosphere was electric as many thousands of who came to see the start of what is now the biggest sports event in the World and they went on to beat Argentina 4-2.
It came as somehwat of a surprise to see Uruguay struggle through qualifying. They could only manage fifth spot in the South American zone, which meant they had to go through the play-offs. In the end the thrashed Jordan 5-0, but they know the competition will be much fiercer in Brazil this summer. They have been been placed in one of the most competitive groups (D) alongside Italy, England and Costa Rica. The battle for the top-2 spots is likely to be a three-horse race between themselves, England and Italy, and it promises to be an enthralling one between three top sides.
The 2011 Copa America champions have an envied frontline consisting of Luis Suarez, Edinson Cavani and Diego Forlan. The trio make up some of the best strikers in the world and if they can all find form then Uruguay will no doubt reach the later stages of the competition.
José María Giménez
Egidio Arévalo Ríos
- Back Arsenal To Ease Past Dangerous Basel
- Manchester City Can Continue Winning Start Against Celtic
- In Form Leeds Headline Tuesday Nights Championship Treble
- Leicester Look To Maintain Winning Start In Champions League
- Arsenal Manchester United And Liverpool All Feature Heavily In Our Team Of The Week
- Dortmund Offer Value In The Betting For Their Latest Champions League Clash With Real
- Bilic And Moyes Join Guidolin In The Race To Be First Manager Sacked
- Both Teams To Score Looks The Bet As Spurs Travel To CSKA Moscow