Uruguay World Cup Betting
Uruguay have a great history in the World Cup and, after reaching the semi-finals of South Africa 2010 and winning the 2011 Copa America, they will be looking to strike gold in South America in 2014. Uruguay were the first ever hosts of the World Cup and also hold the honour of being the very first winners of the tournament, which they won again for a second time in the 1950 World cup Final.
Their success in the 1930 World Cup was a fantastic occasion for those that were there to experience it the atmosphere was electric as many thousands of who came to see the start of what is now the biggest sports event in the World and they went on to beat Argentina 4-2.
It came as somehwat of a surprise to see Uruguay struggle through qualifying. They could only manage fifth spot in the South American zone, which meant they had to go through the play-offs. In the end the thrashed Jordan 5-0, but they know the competition will be much fiercer in Brazil this summer. They have been been placed in one of the most competitive groups (D) alongside Italy, England and Costa Rica. The battle for the top-2 spots is likely to be a three-horse race between themselves, England and Italy, and it promises to be an enthralling one between three top sides.
The Cope America champions have an envied frontline consisting of Luis Suarez, Edinson Cavani and Diego Forlan. The trio make up some of the best strikers in the world and if they can all find form next summer then Uruguay will no doubt reach the latter stages of the competition.
Diego Lugano (captain)
José María Giménez
Egidio Arévalo Ríos
- Brighton v Yeovil Odds The Glovers can dent Seagulls play off hopes on the South Coast
- Premier League Run In Odds Liverpool firm favourites to seal a first title since 1990
- Sevilla v Valencia Odds Kevin Gameiro heads the first scorer betting in Spain
- Benfica v Juventus Odds Match betting is tight for first leg of semi final
- Sunderland breathe new life into the Premier League relegation betting with win at Chelsea
- Atletico Madrid v Chelsea Odds Blues start underdogs for first leg of semi final
- Real Madrid v Bayern Munich Odds Match betting is tight for semi final clash at the Bernabeu
- Van Gaal and Klopp head the next Man Utd manager betting market after Moyes is sacked